THE DIALVILLE TURTLE

admin's picture
Dialville is a little place between Rusk and Jacksonville that developed in the 1880’s when John Dial opened a store on a railroad line. The place was originally called Dial, but when residents applied for a post office, there was already a Dial in Fannin County, so the post office was named Dialville. It became a shipping point for tomatoes, peaches and other produce. At the town’s peak in 1915 it had two churches, a school, a bank, two newspapers and a theater. About 200 people live there now.
 
Rate this article: 
No votes yet